BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 4, 2011

Lindsay Lohan opened up recently during an interview with a British newspaper, and admitted that her drug use was a byproduct of her family problems.

Lindsay Lohan, who has had a series of high-profile run-ins with the law, problems with her family and her career, admitted in an interview recently that her abuse of various substances, including cocaine, was a means of coping with family problems. She also noted that she is now embracing life rather than resorting to drug use. Said Lohan, "I tried to mask my problems with alcohol, cocaine and mind-altering substances. Now I’m in a place where I don’t need to use anything and I can feel emotions because I choose to."

Lohan had a rough 2007, a year that saw her arrested twice for drunk driving and once for cocaine possession and three stints in rehab. Lohan noted that her father’s opening up to the media about the family’s problems is what led to her downfall. Said Lohan, "That’s when I hit rock bottom. I abused substances too much, and it wasn’t the answer to my problems. People need to know that." In early 2007, she fell asleep while running a bath after taking Ambien and woke up with the tub overflowing.

"I was so scared," noted Lohan, "I called my therapist and said, ‘Can I just go somewhere for a month? I’m around bad people and I need to take care of myself.’" At present, Lohan is attending weekly alcohol education classes – by choice – and seeing her therapist on a regular basis. Notes Lohan, "I’ve learned from my mistakes, and I’m now healthy and happier. I’ve made some dreadful mistakes but learned from them – that has probably saved my life."

0 comments:

Tic-Tac-Scare Prank